Having worked as an editor for six years in the commercial, documentary and TV industries allowed me to significantly increase my technical skills. However, most importantly I loved the creative process with my team members.
I'm a bit of a nerd who loves footage organization and media formatting but I love interacting with my teammates. Nothing is more worthwhile than discussing and experimenting with solutions to the most challenging footage situations.
My team enjoys the creation and feedback process even in a dark editing room.
I speak Japanese, English and elementary Chinese.
I tell stories with Adobe Premiere Pro (in a nerdy way), Davinci Resolve, Avid and After Effects but I’m willing to learn other software.
Education: University of Westminster
MA Documentary Photography and Photojournalism
London, UK 2017
email: ayawphoto @ gmail.com
Film Editing Pro:
The Art of Trailer Editing
The Art of Action Editing
The Art of Music Editing
Secrets of Creative Editing
Awards and Press:
View from the Bottom of the Lake
- The Audience Award : Yamagata International Movie Festival 2022
I’m Dying To See You
- Official Selection: MIFF (Miyakojima International Film Festival) 2022
- Official Selection: Yamagata International Movie Festival 2022
- Official Selection: Nasu Short Film Festival 2022
Story of Bizen Pottery
- Official Selection: International Documentary Film Awards 2021
- Official Selection: Dumbo Film Festival 2021
- Official Selection: Madrid Indie Film Festival 2021
Rock, Paper, Scissors
- Notia Selection: International Documentary Film Awards 2021
: the International Photographer of the Year - Honorable Mention
The Financial Times
: The Oxford Anagama Kiln Project